At the end of 2019 Softrak released a major upgrade to their Inventory module. This upgrade includes a number of improvements in transaction entry, history, and 9.3 feature inclusions.
Improved Transaction Processing
Multi-user entry is available for all transaction types, allowing for more efficient data entry, and user date/time stamps are now recorded on all transactions. Transactions can now be reviewed, edited and printed prior to posting, and multi-select is available when choosing transactions to post, delete or print. Posting Journals are now not purged until year end. And because Inventory 9.3A is DocStore compatible, PDF attachments to items and transactions are now supported, in addition to image attachments.
9.3 Standard Features
This update also adds 9.3A features like enhanced backup options, improved Column Editor field selection, the launch of 64-bit GridView and automatic refresh of Sample Data. Also, all Adagio 9.3 modules are compatible with Adagio DocStore, so documents can be attached to transactions and flow to other modules for review. Documents attached in Inventory are filed by Transaction Type (Receipt, Shipment, Transfer, Assembly or Adjustment).
With full barcode support, item entry can be sped up dramatically, and Physical Inventory entry is much easier. Barcode entry is available wherever an item code is requested. Barcodes can include a different Unit of Measure or Item Description if desired. Multiple barcodes may point to a single item. Barcodes can be imported and exported.
More Great New Features
- Editing Alternate Price List items has been improved by allowing display of only a single price list.
- Reason Codes have been added to all transaction entry dialogs and are stored in the transaction history file for further analysis.
- Transaction level Optional Fields have been added to record additional site specific information at the transaction level.
- ExcelDirectPrint is available for the Stock Card Report, so Item movement can be easily sent to Excel for analysis.
- Item Assemblies can now be imported, allowing BoM lists to be maintained externally.
There are too many new features to list in their entirety here, but you can watch new feature videos and find out more here:
Users on maintenance plans with Softrak are eligible to download this upgrade for free. However, because it has an intermediate upgrade complexity score, we recommend you consider enlisting our help with its installation. Book an appointment for your upgrade today!